I’ve been in all-day workshops at work for the last copule of weeks. This has the effect of COMPLETELY knocking me off of my cooking rhythm, and I haven’t slowed down enough to get back on the wagon.
So, while I was preparing the cure for Homecured Bacon, Round 2 (a gorgeous 3.5lb pork belly from Pete’s Fine Meats), I decided to write down the ideas in my head. Let’s see what sticks.
- The world needs savory muffins. Garlic and herb? Spice and carrot? Mirepoix?
- Another pork belly will become rillettes.
- I really need to make another loaf of brioche.
- The ice cream machine bowl is now ready. Starting with a basic vanilla custard, will I make better chocolate ice cream using cocoa powder or melted milk chocolate?
- I need to branch out fast breakfasts past pancakes and eggs (despite the awesome tower of power below).
And that’s just off the top of my head. I’ll think of more as I drift off to sleep.